Taskings are a request sent to a satellite provider, to specifically increase the probability of capture for an AOI (Area of Interest), over a given date range.
Tasking data has a higher chance of data being collected, and require satellites to change their normal pattern of image capture, therefore is offered at a premium rate and includes a minimum order size.
These are the steps to create a tasking order:
1. Login into the EarthCache Console and click on Order Imagery.
2. Then click on Future
3. Search your area of interest using the search bar by entering a Town/City/Country or coordinates.
You also have the option to draw a polygon directly onto the map using the Draw Polygon Button. If you have a KML/GeoJSON formatted polygon file you can upload it by clicking the Upload a Polygon Button on the right. You can create a custom KML or GeoJSON using a GIS Platform, Google Earth, or https://geojson.io.
Note: To optimize the cost-effectiveness of your tasking, it's advisable to create a polygon that closely approximates 25 km², as this is the minimum chargeable area.
4. Once you are satisfied with your area of interest you can press the Next button to proceed.
5. You can then choose the output imagery type that you would like purchase. Once you select your output type, you can select Next.
6. Choose a Name for your new tasking order
7. Then select a Date range in the future for your tasking order.
8. Then choose an Interval which is the frequency the satellite will collect imagery between the dates your selected.
For example, if you pick a weekly interval starting on March 1st, you will receive the best image for the week of March 1st - 7th, then the best image for the week of March 8th - 14th, etc. until the end of your tasking.
9. Then choose the Resolution of the imagery for your order and the maximum price will appear below. Only Very High Resolution and High Resolution images are available on the platform. However you can place a forward-facing archive order for lower resolution imagery via the API.
10. There is an option to add Tags to your order. Tags are useful for custom filtering and grouping pipelines. The label billing_group can be used to automatically organize pipelines on your invoice.
11. There is also an option to turn on Mosaicking. Mosaicking provides a stitched mosaicked image made up of several captures taken at different times. For ease of processing and delivery, results are still delivered as 10k pixel subtiles.
We recommend toggling it on to a 1-day interval to increase the probability of receiving imagery.
12. Then click on Advanced Settings for more options
13. Then choose your coverage area. We recommend setting it to at least 80% or above, or you may not get imagery returned.
14. Once you are ready to order click on estimated tasking price and then press Create.
15. This will then create a tasking order, which you can view in My Orders. Once results are available you can click on your order, view results, and download the imagery.